April 10, 2012

three years later.....

anyway, FLASHBACK TIME! as many of you do or do not know, tyler was the first person i had ever "properly" photographed. i will only show a few old photos for the sake of my sanity, dignity, reputation, etc. these photos were taken in march of 2009. i was a....freshman in high school and tyler was a sophomore. like they aren't bad....but seeing them makes me cringe inside and i wonder what i was thinking when i dressed her in blue and plaid. jesus. ANYWAY, we decided to do a "past vs. future" related shoot. we went to the same exact place where we first started and wandered around and snapped some shots. something different in this shoot was that i did not use my 50mm 1.4 a) because the focus of it is probably broken and b) i feel like i sometimes rely too heaviliy on bokeh in my work, so i took my 100mm 2.8 macro out for a spin and then switched to my 28-135mm kit lens. (ps, i got my camera in....christmas of '08 but i didn't start photographing until early 2009 mainly because it simply overwhelmed me)

march 2009, ya'll.
 

seriously julia, PLAID?!?! but anyway, here are the some of le shots we took. i don't know if i see improvement....but i hope there is. hair was curled by moi.
Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket we separated a bit for her to get her haircut, and then we spend out last few hours together hanging out in her room. we were on our way outside to attempt to take more photos when i got distracted by the dust coming from her newly painted den! woot. i had to whip out the 1.4 for this, but damn i'm not that good at manual focus. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
hair in le sun.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment :

  1. I can see a little improvement, but you were still a very good photographer, even back then! (And I know about the plaid, but it doesn't look that bad.) What really blows me away here are the dust motes - so captivatingly beautiful, like little bedroom stars.

    ReplyDelete