July 12, 2010

old projector rolls + manicure party

[ photos from july 10, 2010 ]

today's get together was at tiffany's - which means lots of delicious food and wonderful lighting. their house is gorgeous. and i got to use a 50mm 1.4 ;) more below. (the film roll shots were taken with my 1.8 though)

victoria salvaged two rolls of old projector slides from her school's library - and they are beautiful. i think they were once a photographic haiku lesson. regardless, they are curly - pretty - and film-i-ilicious.


i'll put all the film related photos here, the next box is just a couple of snapshot of the day :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


multimedia
{361/365}
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
last three were sooc :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
tiffany has curly hair, so it matches the film - right? going to steal that from victoria and try this again some day.

the glitter i brought to christine's house was still in my bag - so we had fun painting nails and sprinkling glitter on them.

somewhere in this photo mass i switched lenses with victoria and gave her my 1.8 and i borrowed her 1.4. i swear it 1.4 really does have a difference. you notice it when it focuses - when it takes a shot - and the end result. in darker lighting, it takes the 1.8 forever to find somewhere to focus, while the 1.4 gets it in a snap. it just feels like a better lens, and i think i'm going to upgrade to one. victoria has it on a 1 year loan from her family friend's dad :) (he's a camera freak and has a plethora of lens. *NAMNAMNAM*



Photobucket
i now understand why the obsession with black nail polish. you see this 1.4 goodness?
Photobucket
tiffany and i did victoria's nails :B
Photobucket
I LOVE MAH BLACK/GOLD NAILS. please excuse my failure of nail painting - i'm terrible.
Photobucket
my camera's a fattie. (victoria's holding it because i was too short to get this shot....*sigh*)
Photobucket
tiffany's very talkative neighbor with a tooth grin :)
Photobucket
FEWD
Photobucket
spring rolls!
Photobucket
Photobucket
yum, ai yu. a lemony jello drink :)
Photobucket
LOOK AT THAT 1.4 GOODNESS.
Photobucket
Photobucket
ahahaha, i don't even.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
no, your eyes do not deceive you.
Photobucket
Photobucket
i tested out all the glitter on kevin before i did it to myself :D lady kevkev, as tiffany says.
Photobucket
SO SPAHKLY.


and then, behold tiffany's nail polish collection.


5 comments :

  1. ahh I love these!! especially the film ones... soosooso pretty!!!

    and YES I completely agree about the 1.4, I've only had mine a few days but I got to use it for my final photoshoot in Paris and I was so glad, because I've noticed a big difference in sharpness, blur, focus, and overall quality. or maybe not a huge difference, but basically all the little things that irked me about my 1.8 were completely fixed in the 1.4! :D

    it's so much fun that she has it for a year and you got to use it for a little bit :P I love trying out other people's lenses! haha.

    but yeah, you should definitely upgrade to it! the nikon version is only like $270 (at least that's what I got mine new for), so I'd imagine the canon version is about the same, and that way if you sold your 1.8 for like $100, it's as if you barely spent any money! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. emily: thanks girl :)<3 (when will we get to see the paris diary? :D)

    very true! :) sell them on ebay?

    asdkjfasld. i love it so much. :D still, i wonder if i should use my money on the 17-55m 2.8 tamron :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. so would you recommend buying the 1.8 or the 1.4? I'm torn between the two, as the 1.8 is substantially cheaper. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. jennifer: it is cheaper, so that's why i got it. but if you are a lover of bokeh and are looking for a longterm investment - go for the 1.4. i want to update, but if you're short on money - the 1.8 is fine too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, thank you! it's a difficult decision. you're definitely right about the bokeh, though: your photos look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete