February 24, 2012

dana

my friend dana nix (no, not photos of dana li - the sassy asian painter/wife i usually team up with - but the EQUALLY awesome ~other~ dana...but dana li/wife was there as well) asked me for a headshot with her flute for a competition....or something of that sorts. (she is an amazing musician. dis girl be doing the marines band). in return i asked her to model for me a lil' bit while i snapped shots of her around dana li's house. is this confusing? i apologize. (it's funny because they're both so close and have the same name...idk, it would be strange to have a close friend named julia...)

on a completely depressing note, my hard drive crashed. of course i have a few backups, but i haven't backed it up this year yet....so that means all the photographs i have taken in 2012 are poof. gone. plus all my television shows and movies. poof. there might be hope, but i dunno as of yet. it's been dead for a week - and a sad week it has been. also i was going to plan a very cool shoot with "how to see music" but the weather decided to rain today. and be nasty. and annoying. it's not the good rain, but the bad rain where it mists up and sticks to your lens. and i got my period today in the middle of a civics test. NOTHING IS WORKING TODAY.

i love little random shoots (well i love them more when muh hormones are normal) where there isn't any point. so yeah. SPONTANEOUS PHOTOS!!!

i realized i have an obsession with silhouettes, downcast eyes, profiles, and over the shoulder shots. omg i have no diversity in my photography at all.

Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket this is dana and her tofu. Photobucket & her awesome art. Photobucket how to clean up makeup.

4 comments :

  1. I love the second picture, perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! The second photo's my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh!! I understand your frustration... I accidentaly deleted some photographs that I hadn't backed up (and I usually back up as soon as I get home, but I didn't this time). I was able to recover some of the images thanks to a recovery software, but my favorite ones were lost and gone forever :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it's a pain to back up hundreds of gigs of photos on a monthly basis....

      ugh it's horrible ): i'll lose all the photos i've taken this year including the ellen shoot. D: i did upload a lot to photobucket but it's only 640px wide. forever traumatized.

      Delete